Monday, January 27, 2014

Taking The Shot

Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” -William Arthur Ward

For the first time in my life I went skeet shooting.  I put the rifle to my shoulder to hit the clay pigeons that would soar across the sky.  I shot and I missed.  A world-class champion shooter, a guy named Travis, gave me a few pointers.  Next thing I know I see a small explosion.  I’d hit the target!  This taught me a valuable lesson not only about skeet shooting but also about life.  Hitting a moving target is much more challenging than hitting a stationary target, and that’s how opportunities are: they come for a short time and then they go.  We are going to miss sometimes, but we have to be willing to take chances.  When God sets opportunities before us, we must seize them.  READY. AIM. FIRE!


 …for such a time as this? (Esther 4:14, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment