Thursday, January 2, 2014

You Know When You Go

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.” -Michael Jordan

The other day my friend, let’s call him Bill, stated that he had gotten accepted to the honors college.  When I asked him if he would go, he stated that he would not because he would have to work too much and ultimately this would be the cause of him not being successful in the honors college.  I reasoned with him that the two objectives were not mutually exclusive, but he finally admitted that he was scared of failure.  I told him what I’d tell anyone.  Anytime God is calling you to do something, you should be a little scared while also excited.  If you weren’t just a little scared, then what on earth would you need God for?  Anytime you think God might be calling you to do something, you may only be 55% sure that He actually said what you think you heard, but you can’t know until you go. You have to try!  More than likely you’ll build confidence once you go, and you’ll say, “I can do this.”


Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us (Psalm 62:8, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment