Monday, February 24, 2014

All Bark, No Bite

Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears.” -Arthur Koestler

My neighbor allows her large dog to roam the streets, so every time I shut the house door behind me to embark upon my day, the dog runs up and angrily barks.  The dog also terrorizes other neighbors, but I’ve yet to see it actually attack anyone.  The dog is all bark, no bite.  Often times fear works the same way: it lurks its ugly head and shows you its teeth to threaten you.  Fear will have you walking timidly, not believing in your own might or in the power of almighty God.  Fear is all bark, no bite.  So don’t listen.  Walk in a bold sense of peace, trusting God in every step. 


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me (Psalm 23:4, NIV).

No comments :

Post a Comment