Thursday, February 27, 2014

Overcoming Inhibition

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” –Henry Ford

I’d researched Jewish culture, studied Israeli maps, and prayed for months to be able to go to the Holy Land.  I was going to walk where Jesus had once walked.  I had everything that I needed to go on this trip except the money to pay for it.  A friend at the college I was presently attending suggested that I sell snacks to pay my trip.  “Do I look like a girl scout to you?”  I guess maybe I did.  I sold snacks and in four days I made more than enough to pay for my trip.  I learned a valuable life lesson: some of our greatest opportunities in life will come whenever we overcome our own inhibition.  What if I’d said, “Nope!  I’m way to cool for selling snacks.”?  My inhibition would have closed a door that God was opening to me.  Don't allow inhibition to be a roadblock.  There are no cookie-cutter ways to accomplish our goals so we might as well get creative.  God will take us some place new once we do.  


With God, all things are possible… (Matt. 19:26, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment