Saturday, February 1, 2014

Better Left Unsaid

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.  -Plato

My entire fifth grade class lined up for picture day.  I playfully chatted up some of my friends and subconsciously ignored my principal who was instructing us on where to stand.  Next thing I knew she singled me out and scolded me.  Humiliated, I told her exactly what I thought of her: “You BI#%H.”  The class gasped as if the air had been knocked out of them.  Obviously I should’ve respected my authority, but that’s beside my point: Some things are better left unsaid.  You do NOT need to tell every person that makes a pointed comment to you over the Internet, or that talks about you behind your back, what you think of them.  Sometimes speaking your mind will only get you into trouble!  Think ‘less is best’ and speak tactfully. 


Take control of what I say, O LORD, and guard my lips (Psalm 141:3, NLT). 

No comments :

Post a Comment