Monday, February 10, 2014

Having Fun Working

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.  -Vince Lombardi

The summer I turned 13 I was finally eligible to go to the community swimming pool without my parents being present.  A lot of teenagers came for a few hours but then got bored and left.  Not me!  I arrived early and stayed late.  I was one of the best swimmers in Sharks and Minnows.  I also mastered a handstand and learned to hold my breath underwater for a minute!  The pool became my domain.  We have to have that same lighthearted go-getter mentality in our work, but a lot of people treat their jobs as something they have to do but don’t really want to do.  Don’t let that be you.  Find a way to have fun in your work and it won’t be so hard to get there early and stay late.  Figure out what you can offer your company that nobody else or few others can offer AND develop it so that you can thrive.  Reduce your work to just a paycheck and you will produce little; find purpose in your work and eventually promotion will come.  

Commit your work to the LORD, and then your plans will succeed (Proverbs 16:3, NLT).


No comments :

Post a Comment