Monday, February 3, 2014

Touched

“To change the fruit, you have to change the root.” –Steven Covey

My high school teacher, Ms. Hostler, was one of the best English teachers but she was even better to look at.  I had a habit of talking too much so one day she decided to punish me.  My young naive teacher thought it would embarrass me to have to hold her hand for thirty minutes around the school while she took the class to the library, but every second of it I was on cloud 9 and felt as if I’d been touched by an angel.  I walked around with a big goofy grin on my face while all of my friends were jealous!  When my punishment was over I told her that I would never wash my hand again.  What an experience, but this doesn’t come close to time spent in the presence of God.  Just a few moments with God every morning are enough to change your outlook for the rest of the day!  When God touches your heart you go from burdened to blessed, jaded to joyful, and dreadful to delightful.  One touch and you won’t be the same! 


Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning (Lamentations 3:23, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment