Wednesday, March 19, 2014

No-Go

“Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” –Eleanor Roosevelt

One day after football practice almost everyone on my team decided to go out to eat at a restaurant called Hooters.  I’d never been there before, but apparently it was quite the rave.  I called my parents to ask if I could go and there answer was a resounding “NO.”  I think I almost shed a tear as I pleaded with them: “PLEEEEEASE!!!!”  Their answer was still a no-go.  I was devastated.  I see now that while my intention may have only been to hangout with my friends, a byproduct of this was that I might become a man who objectified women.  Now as an adult I see there aren’t any people that can tell you or me where we can’t go, THAT is unless we allow them into our lives to do so.  If we are truly followers of JESUS then His path is narrow and there are definitely places He won’t take us.  I now have friends, as should you, that can tell me: "Don't go there."  Have a system of checks and balances and find friends that you can give veto power over your life so that you can reach the places God is calling you to. 


…”bad company corrupts good character.”  (1 Corinthians 15:33, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment