Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Backsliding

If you're going down the street and you're going the wrong way, remember - God permits U-turns.  -Suze Orman

At six years old I was playing on skis in the Norwegian snow and I proceeded to go backwards down a hill.  Raised a preacher's kid, I proclaimed wittingly, “Look Mom, I’m backsliding!”  At least I knew that I was going backwards, but usually people who are spiritually backsliding don’t realize they are.  It’s a little compromise here, a little rationalizing there, and soon the person becomes OK with doing things that aren’t God’s way.  It’s a slow fade.  We can all regress in our faith at times, and if this is you or someone you know, it’s but a matter of turning back around.  It doesn’t matter how long you’ve gone the wrong way or what you’ve done during that time, God is beckoning you to turn around and come back to Him.  This is the one of the few times in life that you should give in. 


The backslider in heart will be filled with the fruit of his ways, and a good man will be filled with the fruit of his ways (Proverbs 14:14, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment