Saturday, April 26, 2014

Unfailing Faith

The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'  -Billy Graham

Peter didn’t know that he’d deny Christ, but Christ knew.  Christ exhorted Peter just before it would happen by saying, “I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail, so that when you have repented and turned to me again, you would strengthen your brothers” (Luke 22:32).  Peter may stumble but he would not fall.  Even while Peter was about to make a mistake that grieved Christ, Peter’s mistake would be forgiven and Peter would still be used to “strengthen his brothers.”  What a merciful God!   You see strengthening people is what Peter was created to do; this was his gift. After Peter denied Christ He would later go on to preach on the day of Pentecost and build churches throughout the world.  Likewise you may have made some mistakes, but realize that all you have to do is apologize to God, ask for His forgiveness, and for His help to be better.  Just as God used Peter, He’ll use you and your gifts to fulfill His will.

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him (Philippians 2:13, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment