Saturday, May 3, 2014

Growth in Application

“Man's greatness consists in his ability to do and the proper application of his powers to things needed to be done.” -Frederick Douglass
This past semester I taught my first college course and my students taught me as much as I taught them.  I learned that I can teach my heart out and plant seeds in hopes that they’ll grow, but it’s just as much their duty to make those seeds grow and apply what they know.  Tests reveal what they know!  Similarly, we can listen to sermons and read the Bible all day (having all of the knowledge in the world about God), but it’s only when we apply what we know that we actually grow.  Every test that you go through is one that you can grow too.   

I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit (Ephesians 3:16, NLT).


No comments :

Post a Comment