Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Better Left Behind

“There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.” -C. S. Lewis

To get home I had to first walk through airport security in DC.  After my bags went through the x-ray the security agent brashly asked, “What’s in the bag?”  I candidly responded, “Maybe it’s the scissors in my travel bag.”  He rummaged through my things to find an alumni coffee mug my university gave me a day prior.  He then opened the lid of the mug and pulled out what looked to be two pieces of chalk… or at least I hoped it was chalk! “Why did the university put chalk in my coffee mug???” I asked myself.  I was detained for ten minutes before the agent confirmed it was chalk and let me go as I sighed in relief.  In Scripture David asked God, “Search my heart” (Psalm 139:23) so that if God found anything detestable then David could remove it.  We ought to also ask God to search our hearts to find anything that displeases Him: maybe it’s lust, anger, envy, greed or something else that's questionable. Allowing it to stay with you will only hinder you from where God wants to take you.  Leave it behind and the sky is the limit.      


Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! (Psalm 139:23-24).

No comments :

Post a Comment