Thursday, May 22, 2014

Make Your Break

"Don't wait for your break, make your break. Go make it happen for yourself."  - Charlie Day

After finishing most of my graduate work in Virginia, I finished the  thesis portion of my degree in Texas while I searched for a job.  I didn’t know where I was going to find a job but I did know that I had a slim chance of finding one filling out tons of applications online.  Instead I volunteered with a prominent man in my field and this led to me meeting someone who passed my resume along and voila: I got a great job!  The lesson I learned is universally true for you: You can’t make strategic contacts from the comfort of your sofa.  God’s word to Abraham was: “Go and I will show.”  God’s favor flows through people and He has divine appointments ready for you.  Don’t idly wait for your break; go make your break.


 go to the land that I will show you (Genesis 12:1, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment