Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Right Race or Rat Race?

“Are you running the right race or the rat race?” –Steven Lawson

The other day I drove a go-kart in a race against my coworkers. I started out a few karts behind so to win I had to pass three drivers.  I passed the first driver, then the second and then the third while I laughed hysterically!  I saw the checkered flag and crossed the finish line in first place only to find out the umpire had already given the last place drivers credit for crossing it (without having gone as many laps as me).  At the end of the race there wasn’t a single person who recognized I’d won that race.  So it is for anyone that’s running a race they’re not supposed to run: at the end of the race you’ll find out that you haven’t really won at all.  Contrarily when you run the race that God has called you to run, the race you were born to run, you’ll be fulfilled in this life and win a “Heavenly prize” in the next.


I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us (Philippians 3:14, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment