Monday, May 12, 2014

Work While You Wait

“Work while you wait.” –Holly Furtick

This week I traveled by plane to Washington DC.  At times I’ve flown long distances and became restless anticipating the arrival at my destination.  This time however I wrote a daily devotional and planned my weekly schedule.  I worked while I waited.   Three hours flew by and the attendant announced that we’d arrived.  My reply was, “Already?”  I was so busy working that I forgot that I was still waiting.  In the same manner you might be waiting on your spouse to arrive or to finally work in the field you went to school for.  Get to work while you wait.  Stay faithful while you’re single, enjoy being single and don’t settle for anyone less than God’s best.  Bloom wherever you’re planted, help others along the way and stay focused on where you’re going.  When you do in just the right season God will bless you. 


For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help (Isaiah 30:18, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment