Friday, June 20, 2014

Giving Back

My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.  -Jim Valvano

My dad took me to my first Astros baseball game when I was twelve and through the years we’ve gone to many since.  The other day my dad took me to another and just like when I was twelve he wanted to pay for the tickets and dinner.  I said, “Dad, I’m not in college anymore. I’m working now, so I can afford it.”  That didn’t matter; he blessed me anyway.  After all dad did for me, I couldn’t wait to do something for him.  I was so excited about giving that I gave my dad his Father's Day gift a day before Fathers Day.  Scripture says that God enjoys giving good gifts to his children (Matt. 7:11) and many of you can attest to all God has done for you.  Therefore, find ways in your day to give back to God, remembering all He’s done and assured that He’ll do it again.


Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment