Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Moose Shirts

I've never been a conceited person or cocky, never felt boastful, but I always had a sense of self-worth; I always had a real sense of myself.  -Will Ferrell

In sixth grade I was determined to be cool enough to sit at the cool kids’ lunch table and to do so I would need help from a very special moose stitched on those faded and too tight t-shirts: that of Abercrombie & Fitch.  I scraped together every penny I could and I bought expensive moose shirts.  The problem was that I only had seven days worth of moose coolness and on the 8th day I’d turn back into a loser.  “MOM, can you stitch a moose on my other shirts?!?”  Sixth grade was a rough year because I could never get enough of that moose! The lesson for me is also universally true for you: too often we determine our self-worth based upon what’s on us rather than what’s in us.  Maybe you like feel you’ve got to drive a particular type of car or your house has to by so many square feet—the moose can poke out it’s ugly head in any shape or fashion.  Realize that even in times you don’t feel like you have enough, in Christ you have everything you need.  


Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have… (Hebrews 13:5, NLT).

No comments :

Post a Comment