Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dancing Like Me

Leaders must encourage their organizations to dance to forms of music yet to be heard.”  -Warren Bennis

Recently I participated in a wedding and afterward I stepped out of my comfort zone and danced with everyone in the reception.  It’s not that I don’t like dancing; it’s just that I know I’m not that good!  Nevertheless, I did the “Charlie Brown”—it’s basically me bouncing up and down and swaying my legs from side to side.  To my surprise others mimicked the dance and soon everybody around me was doing it!  Likewise, maybe you don’t feel like you’re the best person to lead others to Christ because you’re not that good (or moral enough).  You may wonder, “Who’d follow me?”  The answer is more people than you might think.  People are attracted to authenticity. Be the best Christ Follower you can be and watch as others begin to follow you as you follow Him.


And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1, NLT).

2 comments :