Thursday, July 3, 2014

Vision Casting

The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.  -Helen Keller

This summer I’ve taught a public speaking course at a local college.  One of the assignments I planned for the class is a ‘Vision Casting’ Speech to which my students created personal mission statements, five-year plans and bucket-lists.  To my surprise many of my students had never articulated why they’re here or what they want to accomplish.  After they spent time self-reflecting they presented their speeches to the class with a smile.  I smiled, too.  The lesson for them is just as true for me and you: If you have no vision for where you’re going then you’re probably not going to like where you end up.  Get a vision for where you want to go and have the courage to take the first step in seeing this vision into fruition. 

Where there is no vision, the people perish (Proverbs 29:18, KJV).


No comments :

Post a Comment