Monday, September 15, 2014

Opened Mind

“Always keep an open mind.” – Phil Jackson

My first year that I went away to college at the University of Texas, I was paired with a roommate, Daniel, from Costa Rica.  I assumed that this Costa Rican wouldn’t know anyone, and that I’d let him hangout with me, and all of the three people I knew at UT.  To my surprise, Daniel already had tons and tons of Central and South American friends.  Instead of him tagging along with me, I tagged along with him, and many of these people became my friends.  I learned to appreciate the distinct cultures from their diverse countries, and I also learned a valuable life lesson: sometimes it’s the people that we least expect that end up blessing us the most.  Stay open to whatever God wants to do, and just watch as He brings the right people along to bless you. 

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment