Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Work Willingly

“You should always give 100% at work… 12% on Monday, 23% Tuesday, 40% Wednesday, 20% Thursday, and 5% Friday.”  –Bill Hybels

In middle school, I learned that going to the nurse’s office was my get-out-of-class-free card.  The nurse routinely checked my temperature, and if the thermometer was a normal 98.6° F, then I’d have to go back to class.  However, if somehow I could reach 99° F, then I might get to go home for the day.  I constantly tried new ways to make the thermometer read hotter.  Once, when the nurse wasn’t looking, I drank warm water, and then took my temperature; and I went home.  Call me the “master of missing class.” Most of us can’t afford to miss our jobs like I missed middle school, but instead we check out in other ways.  Maybe we show up late, surf the web, and stop short of giving our very best.  Have the opposite approach.  Work every day with excellence, and watch as God pours out His favor and promotes you. 


Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people (Colossians 3:23, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment