Thursday, November 27, 2014

Living On Purpose

“The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.”  - Fyodor Dostoyevsky,

I’m a college professor, and one thing I teach my students is that they must live life on purpose.  People living lives on purpose don’t just let life happen to them; they make life happen.  Every day of the 33 years Jesus walked this earth (and since the beginning of time), he knew exactly what he was here to do: the cross.  I also have a purpose for writing my blog every day: to encourage.  Today I want to encourage you to ask yourself what your purpose is.  What’s your purpose?  If you aren’t sure then take the necessary time to sit down, think it through, and write it out.  Once you do then determine that from this point forward you will start living life on purpose. 


Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand (Proverbs 19: 21, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment