Friday, November 28, 2014

Tell it like it is

“My friends are my support system. They tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear.” –Kelly Clarkson

Back in college, I’d have lunch with David every week, and each time he’d tell me everything going bad in his life.  His complaints were never of any major struggle, but of minor everyday annoyances.  Over time the negativity wore me out, so I said, “You would attract more friends if you were more positive.”  Some might’ve taken offense to this constructive criticism, but David received this to make a positive change.  David now attributes a positive mindset to both happiness and having more friends.  Likewise, we need friends in our lives that will tell us like it is versus just telling us what we want to hear.  Also, we need to be the types of friends that will tell it like it is. 


But if your brother wrongs you, reprove him between you and him alone; if he hears you, you have gained your brother (Matt. 18:15).

No comments :

Post a Comment