Monday, June 1, 2015

Finding Inspiration

“You can’t wait for inspiration.  You have to go after it with a club.  –Jack London

I’ve been writing every day for almost four years, and one thing I’ve learned that is that I can’t simply wait to be stuck with inspiration.  Otherwise, I might be looking at a blank sheet of paper for hours.  Sometimes I just write to produce something, and after I write for a while, the words on the paper somehow seem to come together.  Here’s the lesson: don’t use a lack of inspiration as an excuse not to do what you say you love.  If you’re a painter, paint.  If you’re a dancer, dance.  If you’re a singer, sing.  Get to work, and work hard, and eventually inspiration will show up.   

The hand of the diligent will rule… (Proverbs 12:24, ESV).

No comments :

Post a Comment