Friday, June 12, 2015

Step-By-Step

I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I'm going to learn, I must do it by listening.  -Larry King

For my birthday this week my girlfriend, Kaitlyn took me out.  Though I was the one driving, she wouldn’t tell me where we were going.  Instead, I had to follow her GPS step-by-step without being allowed to see the intended destination.  She didn’t want to give away her surprise too early, but rather she wanted me to trust that the place she was taking me would be wonderful.  And it was!  This illustration leads me to my biblical tie-in: We often want God to show us where He’s taking us, but sometimes He only offers us the next steps.  Just like a GPS step-by-step navigational system, we have to trust God to listen for His still small voice.  If we will listen to God then we will love where He takes us. 

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way (Psalm 37:23, KJV).

No comments :

Post a Comment